Michelangelo once opined that “He who does not master the nude cannot understand the principles of architecture.“
Based on the hundreds of artists and performers, and thousands of visitors that participate each year in the very popular Nude Nite Orlando art exhibition, there must be a tremendous number of budding architects in Central Florida!
Nude Nite, an “art and entertainment event celebrating the beauty of the nude,” is held each February on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings on or before Valentine’s Day. Each year the event is held at a different venue. The 2016 Nude Nite was held at a most appropriate and accommodating venue, a 25,000SF “warehouse space” at the avant-garde Artegon Marketplace
, 5250 International Dr.
Nude Nite, since 1997, is reportedly the largest nude art show in North America. Art media range from sculpture, oil, acrylic, watercolor, photography, glass, wood, film, and mixed media to live performers, with styles from contemporary to traditional, and tastes from the ridiculous to the sublime. Nude Nite is a juried exhibit with most of the artworks for sale. (The gallery accepts MC/Visa.) The 3 night art event is held annually in both Orlando and Tampa, Florida. Visit Nude Nite
for this year’s location and current pricing.
Tips for attending Nude Nite Orlando:
- You can save a few bucks and avoid long lines by purchasing tickets on-line and in advance.
- Photos are allowed, but only on your cell phone. If taking photos of attendees to Nude Nite, it is best to ask permission first.
- Food and drinks will be available for sale within the event.
- Be aware that port-o-potty’s may be the only facilities available.
- Not just for couples, you’ll also find groups of friends and singles at this event.
- Have fun, be sexy! This is an appropriate event to wear that little black dress that might be a tad too risque for a regular night out.