160 West Plant Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Housed in a structure that was originally designed as a single-screen cinema in 1935, the Garden Theatre has experienced first-hand the evolution of cinema since the introduction of the “talkies.” The Mediterranean Revival style interior, was designed with “Romeo & Juliet” balconies that are still part of the theatrical space. In 1963 the sloped theater floor was filled with cement to accommodate a farm supply store. Fortunately for Orlando theater goers, the space was once again renovated and reopened in 2008 to become a facility that features over 200 events each season. This not-for-profit organization provides a variety of live plays, concerts and movies throughout the year.
For the best movie deal in town check out the Garden Theatre’s Summer Movie Series. Purchase a summer movie pass to watch 3 classic movies a week on the big screen.
- There is a public lot behind the theater on Tremaine Street with free parking.
- Senior ticket rate is for those 60 and older.
- The concession area features a wine beer, soft drinks and snacks that can be taken into the theatre.
- The theatre can be rented for special events, private movie screenings and corporate meetings.
- Volunteer opportunities are available.